What are poker terms that you must know before playing this game? Playing poker is really fun. This game, which is usually played when hanging out with friends, is now available online.
We can even play online poker using real money. In addition to having fun, playing poker we will get many benefits, but we must be winners.
Before playing this game, you must first understand the various poker terms and definitions. Because there are some terms that we don’t find in casino poker gambling agents but these terms appear when you play online poker using real money.
Poker Terms and Definitions
What are those terms? Here are some of these important terms:
We will find Decks when playing online poker. Decks is the term for the cards used to play poker. There are 52 card decks. Each group is grouped into 4 suits (groups) and each group has 13 levels of scores. The 4 suits (group) consist of Clubber, Heart, Diamond, and Spade.
Meanwhile, the grades consist of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A. For J (Jack) cards, it can be considered as having a value of 11, Q (Queen) has a value of 12, K (King) has a value of 13 and for A (Ace), it can be 1 or 14, depending on its function.
This poker terms refer to the minimum and maximum limit of bets which are forced because the player is next to the dealer (D). Betting for the blinds must even be made before the cards are dealt. This means that if you want to play (get a card) you must first place a bet according to the blind value.
There are two types of blinds that you can choose from. It can be the “small blind” or minimum bet limit and also the “big blind” or the maximum bet limit you have to place because you were next to the dealer before the cards are dead (over). The size of the blinds can be seen from the table stakes. For example a table with 500/1000 stakes. This means that the small blind is 500, and 1000 is the big blind.
What are stakes? Stakes is a term in the real money poker game that is used to refer to a table based on the value of the small blind as well as the big blind on the table. For example stakes 500/1000, 300/600, or 1000/2000 and so on.
Even though you play online poker with real money. However, you don’t use the real money, yet the chips we have bought with our money. Chips are the “currency” used in online poker and some other types of gambling.
These chips are rated for their money. In the world of gambling, chips have an intrinsic value to be used in betting. Chips can be cashed back by the player to the publisher if the player wants to stop playing.
5. Min/Max Buy-In
The fist poker terms that you have to know is Min/Max Buy-In. It is a term for chips that can be brought by a player to the betting table. When playing online poker game, it does not mean that you can carry all the chips or only bring a few chips. However, there are some rules for how many minimum and maximum chips you can carry. Min / Max Buy-In is listed on each table and varies.
When playing poker, players will definitely place their chips in the middle of the table so they don’t get mixed up with the stack (funds) that have not been used to bet on each player. The chips that have been placed in the middle of the table as a bet are called the pot. For example, 25,000 pots.
7. Community Cards
In playing poker, there must be cards placed on the table. This is what community cards or boards cards or table cards mean. These cards generally have 5 cards. For example in the Texas Holdem Poker game. These cards are the common property of all players.
This means that at the end of the game, each player has the right to combine it with the cards they hold (hole cards) to get the best poker card combination. Community cards are opened in three stages. The first stage is opened 3 cards (which is called the flop round). Then 1 card is opened again (called the turn) and finally 1 card again (called the river round).
8. Hole Cards
Another poker terms that you must know is hole cards. This term refers to two cards held by the player. Hole cards will be combined with 5 community cards to get the best combination. The result of a combination of hole cards and community cards is called your hand. The player with the best hand wins the game.
9. Call, Raise, Fold, Check, and All In
- Call: you place a bet with the same value as the previous player
- Raise: you place a bigger bet than the player before you. The bet amount is free depending on what you want. However, there are some poker games that limit the amount of stake
- Fold: the act of closing a card or stopping playing in that round of play. This means that you do not participate in the ongoing game rounds. You can take this option if you feel that the bet placed is too high while the card you are holding is not strong enough to be pitted
- Check: the act of not making a Call or Raise. Unlike the Fold, the Check option doesn’t send you out of the game. It’s just that you can take this option if there is no player before you who made the call
- All in: the act of placing all the tips you have to the betting table. Keep in mind, if your opponent’s chips are more than your chips, then all your chips will go into the pot. But if your chips are bigger than your opponent’s chips, then all you do is only as big as your opponent’s chips
10. Deposit, Withdraw, Turnover dan Refferal
- Deposit: the process of replenishing player balances. This means that players send a certain amount of money to an online gambling agent to be exchanged for chips or credit
- Withdraw (WD): disbursement of credits or chips collected by players for transfer to player accounts. Easy withdrawal is withdrawal of winning money
- Turnover (TO): the amount wagered is either winning or losing. The online poker agent will give you a weekly turnover bonus of a certain percentage of the player’s turnover value
- Refferal: players who have registered at an online poker agent then invite others to join. Usually each member will get a referral link to promote. If they succeed in inviting other people to join via the referral link, players will get a bonus.
That is the top poker terms and definitions that you must know before playing poker games. Now, if you are interested in playing that poker game, there are some best poker games for Android that you can try.