What is your experience playing slots so far? Does the volatility of slot games affect your winnings? If so, then you should continue reading our medium volatility slot reviews to find out which one is on our list of the best medium volatility slots to play.
What Does Medium Volatility Slot Mean?
Medium volatility slots are a type of slot that offers a balance between the stake amount and win amount over several sessions or rounds. This type of slot comes with a commensurate risk where the value of the bet you place is equivalent to the winnings you collect.
Volatility in slot games says a lot, including how often you win and how big the wins are. In simple language, volatility denotes the ratio between the number of wins and the value of the wins.
The point of volatility is to show the spread of slot machine returns. For example, slots with high volatility don’t often pay out wins to players. However, because the machine is required to generate a certain number of returns based on the slot’s RTP, those rare wins are higher than wins from lower volatility slots.
On the other hand, based on the concept above, slots with low volatility give players more wins for a small number of wins.
Thus it is concluded that medium volatility slots provide several wins that are proportional to the value of the wins.
Advantages of Medium Volatility Slots
A lot of players have found it easier for them to play on medium volatility slots. This is because slots with volatility provide a more balanced win-lose ratio. This means you are not dealing with high-risk slot machines which, although they offer bigger prizes, still present the potential for losing large amounts of money as well.
The advantages of playing best medium volatility slots are:
- Easier to manage bankrolls. In slot games, bankroll management is very important. You are advised to manage the participation of the wager in the game. In high volatility slots, you have to place a bet with a high value to get the maximum win. Often players lose capital here. That’s why they choose to play medium volatility slots with lower bet amounts and decent prizes.
- More stable. Instead of playing low volatility slots, best medium volatility slots give you prizes that are more commensurate with your risk and time. Some of the best medium volatility slots even offer easy-to-gain jackpots from the base game so players don’t have to spend a fortune to trigger those jackpot drops. One example of this slot is Fishin Frenzy from Reel Time Gaming.
- Often comes with simple game mechanics. Most medium volatility slots are of the classic types and sub-genres that have simple game systems. Compared to playing complex 3D slots or megaways slots, classic slots offer an easy way to play. You will not be preoccupied with several complex-features that ultimately spoil the gameplay.
So, a player who chooses one of the best medium volatility slots knows that the advantages above will help them win more in the game.
Top (5) Best Medium Volatility Slots
Nearly half of the thousands of online slot titles currently available are medium volatility slots. All of them come from well-known developers such as Habanero, Big Time Gaming to Pragmatic Play. With so many choices, it’s sure to be confusing to choose which is the best medium volatility slot to play.
Before recommending the 5 best titles in our opinion, it should be understood that the best medium volatility slots are influenced by the RTP value. Why is that? Because, the relationship between RTP and Volatility shows the value of your winnings. Slot games with best medium volatility slots but low RTP don’t pay as many wins as you might expect. This is because RTP shows the total return or total expected win from the slot machine.
With the above assumptions, we recommend that you try the following slots:
- Diamond Strike by Pragmatic Play. RTP: 96.55%.
- Mystery Joker by Play’n Go. RTP: 96.50%.
- Guns N’ Roses by NetEnt. RTP: 96.98%.
- Colossal Gems by Habanero. RTP: 96.07%.
- Gem Savior by PG Soft. RTP: 96.80%.
Find all the best medium volatility slots above only on our recommended trusted slot sites.
Are volatility and variance the same thing?
Yup. The term Volatility is often referred to as Variance.